Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Costco Easy, FIT Snacks Shopping List


We have 4 children, 3 teen boys and a 7 year old princess.  Our life is busy like most of you, we travel, we are in a hurry, we are on the go more than we are at home.  Some days, having the time to "prepare" a healthy snack is challenging.   So I have a put together a list for you of some of our favorite "Easy Grab & Go" snacks.  If you travel, these are great things to take with you.

Other Easy and Healthy Snacks include Fresh Organic Fruits and Veggies.  And on a side note, Costco has really stepped things up by placing green "organic" stickers on their price label including their refrigerator and frozen sections.  Look for them the next time you head to Costco.

Now I want you to know that in the world of technical "Clean Eating", a few of these may not qualify, but they are pretty darn close and they are a better alternative to what you may stick on your mouth due to lack of time and effort.

1.  Kind Bars - Gluten Free and All Natural!  I am all about EASY!



2.  Kashi Bars - Great little snack that also curbs the chocolate craving


\

3.  Laraway Bars - This is one of my favorite's for post workout/run.  



4.  Simply Wild Organic Trail Mix - Always a family favorite, but don't forget, everything in moderation.



5.  Nature's Bakery Fig Bar - This is one of my boy's favorites!  They usually only last a week in our house.



6.  Organic Sun-maid Raisins - Sweet, chewy and totally healthy!



7.  Kirkland Extra Fancy Unsalted Mixed Nuts - I like pair these with an apple in the evening as a Snack.




8.  Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Crackers - Delicious with Individual servings of Hummus and your Favorite Veggies.  I usually have 8-10 crackers in a serving.  



9.  SABRA Hummus Singles - You knew this was coming, right?



10.  Kirkland Blue Berries or Tart Cherries - Easy to take with you or leave in the car!  (Located in the snack food area)

COSTCO is bar none my favorite place to shop for FIT eating!  Especially with a busy, large family.

I hope this helps make your shopping and "traveling" easier.

If you have found any "clean & FIT" items at Costco that I have not mentioned, please comment here.  I would love to know about them and try them out. :)





 photo susiesig1_zps754ef943.jpg

3 comments :

  1. WHERE were those Kashi and KIND bars in my Costco!! I'm looking for a box of those. I was able to find Nu-Go and Zone Perfect and some Organic Popcorn. These are really great and I'm going to have to keep checking. Maybe mine has them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like shopping in Costco. Fortunately we do most of our shopping over the Internet so rarely end up wandering around shops and buying things we never planned to. Great suggestions about healthy eating food Susie. Alas, I'm such a fussy eater there's nothing here I'd try. I really should be more adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Susie, I get the Hummus singles too, they are a great pick me up in the afternoon. Having these healthy snacks at the ready helps you to avoid grabbing anything which usually ends up being unhealthy ;) - T

    ReplyDelete