Thursday, August 7, 2014

Running for The Cure!


Ever since my husband and I ran a 25k 4 years ago for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, I would say “I have no desire to run a Marathon”. We finished that race strong and it was exhilarating! Not only that, we raised Money to help other children like our daughter Bella have a WISH from Make-A-Wish, but we accomplished something we set out to do! It was worth every mile…up to 15.2 miles! Just last week, we were presented with the opportunity to run with Team in Training to run the Denver Rock and Roll Marathon…I could not believe it when the word popped out of my mouth “YES”! What? Did I just say that? 26.2 Miles….5 hours of running at one time? Pardon my french, but 24 hours earlier the words would have been “Hell No’! I’m 46…a young 46 because that’s my Godly confession “My youth is renewed everyday” is in His Word. But 26.2 miles? Here’s the crazy thing gang, I’m excited!!! There is something about stepping out of your comfort zone, about doing something you thought you would never be able to do! And better yet, you change lives at the same time! I’m not sharing this to get all of you to run a Marathon….it is so NOT for everyone, and this is something God placed in our hearts. But I do share this with you to encourage you to STEP OUT YOUR BOAT! Stop thinking you can’t do more, because YOU CAN! I don’t care how old or young you are, YOU can do it! And for those of you that don’t know….I am NOT a natural born runner, I took up running 5 years ago because I had to give up my gym membership. I am a Group Fitness Instructor! You can do anything you set your mind too! Stop putting limits on yourself, you were created to do more! I have a secret, not only do I believe in you…but I’m praying for you. Be More friends, it’s within you.

No comments :

Post a Comment