Monday, August 25, 2014

DIY Stick Deodorant

One of my favorite Magazine Subscriptions is Clean Eating!  This past month they featured a DIY Deodorant Recipe and I just had to share it.  Now mind you, I am now Miss Green Thumb and do it yourself anything is not really my thing, but for some reason, this recipe intrigued me and I wanted to give it a try.  Partly because I love coconut oil and use it as a moisturizer and two, I love the smell of Tea Tree oil and Lavender.

Recipe from Clean Eating Magazine


RECIPE 

3 TBS Virgin Coconut Oil
2 TBS Shea Butter
2 TBS Arrowroot Powder
3 TBS Baking Soda
5 Drops 100% Tea Tree Oil
5 Drops Lavender Oil 

Directions:  Use a double boiler or a pot with a "safe-heat" bowl on top, melt coconut oil and shea butter together.  Stir until liquid.  Remove bowl from heat and stir in arrowroot powder and baking soda.  Once mixed smooth, drop in Tea Oil and Lavender Oil and stir again.  

Clean out old deodorant stick and pour mixture into it, just to the top.  Freeze for 10 minutes or until solid.  




 photo susiesig1_zps754ef943.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment